Trinity’s History

In 2015 Trinity Lutheran Church celebrated our 70th anniversary. Praise be to God!

In 1970, Mr. August Eggers wrote a brief history of the congregation when Trinity celebrated their 25th anniversary.  He began with these words: “In order that our children and children’s children may know how Trinity Lutheran Church came into being, we set forth this brief history.” Well, now those children have children and children’s children. And we need to be reminded of that as well.

On the night of January 1, 1945 a fire totally destroyed St. John Lutheran Church 4 miles north of State Center. After many meetings concerning where to rebuild the church, the decision was made to build two churches. St. John would be rebuilt on site, and has just celebrated their 150th anniversary. Praise be to God!


On April 11, 1945 Trinity Lutheran Church was established in State Center with 220 souls. Pastor K.J. Baumgart was Called as the first Pastor at Trinity, which met in the Methodist Church for four years. Ground was broken on March 31, 1948 and the work began. The completed church was dedicated June 5, 1949.


“The Church’s One Foundation is Jesus Christ her Lord; she is her new creation by water and the Word. From heaven He came and sought her to be His holy bride; with His own blood He bought her and for her life He died.” LSB